Monday, September 19, 2011

I serve a great God!

Well I have been here in Kauai for 19 days now and it feels like I have been here a lot longer than that!  The days seem so long but the weeks go by fast! I have been a little tired because we have to be up by and ready by 7 everyday and sometimes I don't always get to bed on time.  It's so hot here that you almost can't take a nap in the day time.  It has been raining more and more so we have to keep the windows zipped up on our tents which makes it even more hot in the mornings.  Even if we could sleep in I don't think that we would be able to because it gets so hot as soon as the sun rises.  Other than it being really hot here I am still enjoying every minute of being here.  I am still in awe that this is my home till December.  How can you not love it here when you can go to the beach and still enjoy your time there at 5 in the evening?  Today I had my 1 Corinthians class and my 1 and 2 Kings class. As I said earlier I have been more tired than normal so I was happy when I accomplished staying awake in both of my classes today. After my classes me and a few friends went down to the beach and swam for about an hour.  When it was starting to get cold we decided to come to The Coffee Bean and get some homework done (and update my blog :]).  It's so awesome to be able to study the bible especially the old testament and see how God still loved his people and was always faithful to them even though they messed up over and over again.  When I was in my Kings class today it was cool to see that God was still fulfilling his promises that he said he would.  God is always faithful time and time again.  King David was called a man after Gods own heart.  David was in no means perfect, he messed up a lot and big time yet he always came back to the Lord.  When he was king God told him to ask for anything and God would give it to him.  Do you know what he asked for?  He asked to know God better and to be close to him.  How many of us would ask that as our first and only request?  That was not the first thing that came to my mind.  It is in human nature to ask for selfish things of God, but not David.  When God asked the same question to Solomon when he was king he asked for great wisdom.  That too is a great thing but king Solomon did not do as well as king when compared to his father David.  I wonder how the kingdom would have gone if king Solomon would have asked for the same thing as his father.  I do not mean to say that what Solomon asked for was wrong or bad in any way because great wisdom from the Lord is indeed a great thing.  But just think and ponder for a moment how or if it would have been different.  David is defiantly someone in the bible I look up to.  That is such a humbling thing to ask for in my opinion.  I really like the old testament and enjoy reading about the people who were worthy of making it into the bible.  When I think about my life sometimes I wonder if what I have done and will do would be worthy of being in the bible if it was not written yet.  God is showing me some really cool things and I am reminded time and time again what a great God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment