Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First few days in Kauai!

Aloha!
I have finally arrived in Hawaii! It is so beautiful here! I left yesterday about 6am from my house in California and landed here in Kauai about 2:30 Hawaii time.  It was a long day but I'm glad I made it safe and sound.  We started the semester off with a BBQ at one of the pastors house last night so we could get to know everyone and have a little fun with a nice homemade slip and slide, which I did not do but it was fun to watch.  When we got back to our tents we went right to bed because we were so tired and had no lights.  It's a little more rustic here than I thought, we have one porta potty for the 16 girls that our here and 2 showers with no hot water.  There are lots of bugs here, I have 12 bug bites already, bug spray is at the top of the wal mart list!  We have orientation today and tomorrow.  So far we go to the beach whenever we get a free hour or so! It's so great here! The coffee shop is closing so no more internet. I will try to write more when I get internet again!
9-1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment