Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day!

 Sept 5, 2011 
Today is labor day and also our first day of classes.  I had 1 corinthians this morning and 1 & 2 kings this afternoon.  1st Corinthians seems like it is going to be a great class!  I’m really excited to see how this book of the Bible is going to relate to our world today.  It may seem like the times now are very different from Bible times but when you really take a look at it you can see that times are very similar.  
My 1 & 2 kings class is very fast paced.  We have a lot to go through in only 16 or so weeks of class.  For our first day of this class today we went thru the first 4 books of 1 Kings.  A lot goes on in these 2 books of the Bible but it is very interesting to see how God is still merciful on His people who continue to sin and do things that are not pleasing to God.  
You might be thinking well what do your class rooms look like? Well we sit in a big white tent for every class except one, where we get to go to the pastors house and sit on couches, feel the ocean breeze and look out the “window” and see the ocean in the distance behind the palm trees and grass fields.  This might lead you to ask about my “dorm” situation.  I live in a tent about 20 feet by 10 feet. Currently the zipper to my screen is broke and as you can imagine it gets pretty hot as soon as the sun comes up and never really cools down to where we feel cold.  I have 2 roommates and we are getting along pretty well for the little amount of space we have.  We have almost the same class schedule so we are usually all there or no one is there at all.  We will have to see as the semester goes on how that will work out with the three of us.  As i mentioned before I do not have hot water or electricity and we have porta pottys for our bathroom.  We do have a shower house that has 2 very small shower stalls and 2 little sinks.  It seems to be going better than I had thought.  There are many many different kinds of bugs here.  I’m not used to that yet, I have slept with ants for the past 2 nights and the bugs seem to be multiplying.  Spiders are everywhere and they are massive!  Despite all of the ruggedness of where God has me right now I feel at peace about it all.  I’m sitting at the beach as I write this listening to the waves crash against the shore and am reminded how blessed we really are.  God is so good! 


                                                                     Babies Beach


                                                Ship Reck Beach with lots of new friends!


                                                     Jumping off the cliff at Ship Reck


                                                                                     The view from my tent


No comments:

Post a Comment